- With TSM Version 6 and 7, a really large update with numerous new functions has arrived for the first time in ages.
- Unfortunately, the new version cannot simply be installed via a TSM 5.5 installation. The classic update does not work! It is necessary to migrate the TSM server via a defined interface.
- Many new and altered commands, interfaces and programs must be understood and integrated.
- How do old TSM clients or storage agents adapt to the TSM 6 or 7 environment? Which components must be modernized via update?
- This update means that some adjustments to the operating system and the saving hierarchy used (device driver and firmware) are necessary.
- Do you have a pending server hardware update? Then this should be immediately combined with the TSM update.
- Extensive update preparation through analysis of the environment. Creation of a finely tuned concept for migration of the TSM environment.
- Identification of optimization potential
- Combination of the necessary software for updating all components and software in the event of a fallback.
- Presentation of the new version and advantages.
- TSM Version 6 or 7 consumes a lot of resources. We offer detailed planning for TSM hardware and future investments.
- Presentation and documentation of the results.
Extent of service:
- Analysis of the TSM environment (software versions, device driver, operating system and devices in the saving hierarchy)
- Finely tuned concept as a migration plan for the actual update.
- DVD and description of the necessary software
- Creation of new options files for TSM clients and servers
- Essential updates for all components (other than storage agents) as detailed plan
- Briefing for TSM employees
- Documentation of changes
- TSM upgrade possible on AIX, Linux, Solaris and Windows. Please ask for HP-UX, zOS server clients and storage agents.